Friday 29 July 2011

I'd Like To Have Steve Jobs Babies

Apple now have more disposable income than the US Government, at least according to news hot off the press today.  Not so many years ago they were the poor country cousin, overshadowed by the  Microsoft city slicker. Boy how the tide has turned.
As I write this, I'm lain on my sofa, comfy cushions behind me, legs stretched out, IPad resting upon them. In this somewhat indolent posture lurks the key to Apples success.  Put simply, they bring the world to you rather than the other way around. With my IPad I read, blog, surf, game, watch TV, listen to music, and filter my mail. It allows me to do everything that I need to do in an easy, no nonsense way. It's the best device I've ever owned in terms of sheer usability; simple to command and capable of keeping me connected and engaged. If you have the money and are thinking of buying a tablet I could not in good faith recommend another brand. If I fancy a new app I poodle off to the app store, and within seconds its with me, on screen and ready to go. Same with music, same with an e-book. You might well be wondering why I am turning my blog today into an extended plug for Steve Jobs retirement fund, but the truth is I think these devices are just the best thing since sliced bread. Sad as it may sound my tablet goes everywhere with me, and truth is I get a bit insecure if it's not within arms reach. It fits perfectly with my lifestyle and never gets in the way of anything. It facilities, it avails, and does so in a way that let's me get on with day to day living. Now given Apples success the neigh sayers have begun to gather, but in all honesty I've little time for them. At the end of the day I've found myself a virtual friend that has added to my efficiency. I'm not chained to a clunky old PC anymore, and I'm only ever seconds away from something interesting. As toys go, it's the best £600 i've ever spent.
By the way, I don't get a commission for this. I'm just a geek spreading the gospel of tech.

No comments:

Post a Comment