Tuesday 12 July 2011

Reigning It In

This may shock you, but I spend a lot of my time reigning in what I really think. There's a part of me that's a tad conscious of how my views would be perceived if you knew, really knew what was going on inside my head. Sure, I'm brash on some issues, but even then there's a voice urging caution, and one that more often than not I consent to. Right now I'm wondering why? And I think its to do with potential repurcussions. What I say about myself has to, in some way, say something about how I interact with others. For example, I can only go so far on the subject of sex, because If I gave myself free reign you wouldn't just think differently of me, but of Joy also. And that isn't fair on her, or my children. So this blogging lark comes with certain responsibilities, which I don't like one bit. This whole process is a bit of an experiment, or to be precise an excercise in nonsense. Besides, I know there's nothing fizzing around in my nogging that hasn't swirled around in yours. Admit it, you think about sex, religion, and social issues every bit as much as I do? And you're probably twice as kinky. The only difference between you and I is that I enjoy pushing the envelope and have just enough folly to do so. Well, I call it folly; it's probably more likely a deficiency in brain chemicals that control social inhibition. But I digress, besides which when I started this thing I had no idea that it would end up being read by people in over 25 countries. I'm perplexed to be honest. Perhaps people like car crash blogging in the same way they like car crash tv? So anyway here's the deal; I'll try and be as honest as I can about the things that float my boat, whilst trying not to outrage public decency. I don't do conventional, and I hate the way that society has this ability to put us all in a cultural straight jacket. We seem to keep so much under wraps and shield ourselves behind social convention, behind shoulds and oughts. Perhaps I'm wrong to reject this? Perhaps these prohibitions are in place for good reason? All I know is that I won't be a slave to them, or to my own fears of rejection or ridicule. Life is just too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment