Friday 17 June 2011

China In The Bull Shop

The older I get, the more I realize what I don't know. I was hoping that this would be the other way around. I've also become increasingly aware of my faults and weaknesses. Again, why has it taken so long?
In my life I've been wrong about a lot of things. I've been clumsy and thoughtless and rash. My words have often caused upset, whilst my actions have been a source of disappointment to many. Rest assured, whatever faults you see in me I probably see them too. I have to live with them. In recent years I've made comments that have caused pain and anger amongst those who once considered me an ally. If you are one of those people, know that I am truly sorry. It was never my intent to set out to cause unease, but I know that this has often been the outcome. Whether I'm right or wrong about things who knows? Perhaps my worldview will change again should that be where the evidence leads? The purpose of this post is to remind everybody of something you're probably already wise to. Namely the fact that I'm a work in progress. Aren't we all? Is there really anybody reading this who thinks they've got it all worked out? I suppose the difference with me is that I go public with my clumsiness, which leads to episodes that range from the sublime to the absurd. I laugh at life, yet weep too. I feel joy and hope, yet often anguish and fear. I grapple with a head full of dirty washing, questions and quandary's all vying for attention. As my blog illustrates they emerge in no particular order and often on the spur of the moment. Very much like my Facebook page I regard this as an experiment. If it works as intended, on a good day, with the wind in the right direction I might get you to think about things that you don't often think about. That's not to imply that I'm some font of knowledge. Heaven forbid. Think of me as a random question generator, a virtual pool of ideas and curio. Some of it should make sense, whilst large swathes may leave you bamboozled. I'm not catering to a particular audience,  nor aiming to appease or alienate. Think of this blog, and if it helps think of me as a whirlpool of randomness amidst a world that doesn't make a whole lot of sense anyway. If you view it from that perspective perhaps it's not so strange after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment