Tuesday 19 April 2011

Glee. Excuse me?

School appears to have changed since I was a lad. These days it appears perfectly normal to break into an extended song and dance routine at the drop of a hat.
I am of course referring to Glee, this odd American phenomenon that has infiltrated the UK. You're not even safe on the underground waiting for a tube; it is not unknown for groups of teens to storm the platform wearing matching yellow t-shirts and break into a rendition of super trooper by Abba. I'm sorry, but if this isn't anti social behavior then I don't what is. And they all have good teeth, perfect teeth, as if they've just come from a McLean commercial.

As I type this, Joy is watching the program, caught in the headlights of a power beyond my understanding. I suppose it could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment