Thursday 24 November 2022

Stalking

I do not understand. I will never understand why a certain sub section of men are unable to accept when a relationship is done. If a female is no longer into you, no longer wants your company, your insights, your touch, why is it so hard for you to move on? I cannot imagine the urge to remain in the company of somebody who has, for whatever reason, rejected you. Why subject yourself to that? Seriously, why? Now I am no expert in human psychology, so apologies if the following lacks finesse. Instinct makes me think that this has something to do with insecurity, the need to have control over how we are perceived? Perhaps those who base their self perception by how others perceive them? Could that be it? I just find it perpelxing why any man would want to humiliate themselves in this way. Back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, before I was snatched cruelly into marriage by my wife and kept prisoner for almost a quarter of a century (I'm going to pay for that) I had a hit and miss time with relationships. I had success and failure and freely admit to not really having a clue. That said, when told my presence was no longer desired I never made a fuss. Perhaps I was applying the principle of low expectations to myself, assuming that nobody would want to spend too long with me? Irrespective, I just moved on. Took the hit. As a guy you get used to that. Its normal. Women have to be picky when it comes to relationships because they have so much more to lose. They have to be and should be selective. Now you might argue this may sometimes go too far and that many modern women have entirely unrealistic expections of what a relationship must entail (Spoiler; It has and they do), but none of this should influence how a man should deal with rejection. Accept it. If you want to call yourself a real man, if you want to be truly masculine, accept it. As invested as you may have been, as painful as it may feel, move on. Its the decent thing to do. Its respectful to her, irrespective of whether she's been unpleasant or unkind in the process. Retain your dignity, and understand that once the deal is done its done. There appears to be a pride element in some guys that clouds this response. Perhaps this is the actual toxic masculinity we actually imagine? Dunno, I'm no expert. But I see no value in exposing yourself to further humiliation at the hands of someone who has already said no. Its damaging to everybody. It demeans you as a person. Its speak into your own inner fragility. Actually, I've just stumbled into a core truth here; you cannot measure your value based upon how someone measures you. Sure, you can draw inferences, and read the general mood music, but nobody should be able to understand you better than you understand yourself. If thats happening then you really do have problems. So to close, my message to those men that torment and plague a women who has simply decided you are not to their taste is to simply deal with it. Accept reality, and yes swallow your ego if you must. It can be hard. It can be humiliating. But at risk of sounding cliched, if you wish to call yourself a real man one of the most important skills to learn is self mastery. Rise above your ego and mental fragilty. And who knows, you might just find yourself becoming more attractive as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment