Wednesday 19 September 2012

Kinky? Say's Who, And By What Authority?

You can say what you like about 50 Shades Of Grey, but you have to admit that its bought kink into the mainstream. About time methinks; why shouldn't consenting adults express themselves in creative and satisfying ways? I bet the majority of couples have experimented with bondage and role play, and it's high time we stood back from social stereotypes and just relaxed into ourselves. I personally find women with a naturally dominant sexuality and psychology incredibly attractive; I like confidence in a person and I find someone who knows what they want intoxicating. Once again, I'm contemptuous of the traditional image some may form at this point; I'm very much a man's man. It's just important to me to have an adoration for the person I spend my life with, and I enjoy treating my wife like a lady and putting her on a pedestal. As you all know, I don't do social convention, I've no interest in remaining on the dull side of some imaginary social line, fearful I have to be a certain way or act in accordance with certain expectations. I much prefer the wild woods of the unconventional, the place where people can just be who they are and not feel compelled to play by unspoken rules. I'm not just taking about gender stereotypes now, I'm thinking about all aspects of life. I bet every person who reads this feels trapped by the expectations of others in some small way. I'm convinced some of you are afraid that if people knew you, really knew you they'd think you weird or warped or whatever term you want to apply. Here's a plan; don't worry about it. Have sufficient confidence in who you are and walk your own road. So ladies, if you're sexually into 50 Shades and want a man who can speak into that part of your psyche what is stopping you? And guys, if you'd prefer a dominatrix over Julie Andrews any day of the week then crack on, fella. We have to be ourselves. We're the best and only people for the task. Can we please move on from these prisons of self denial and false guilt. Ignore the unseen line. Cross it. You'd be amazed what lies beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment