Monday 9 May 2011

The mistake I haven't made.

I've never had an affair. For a person of my disposition that's a miracle. I've got a lot of weaknesses, and amongst these is that I find most females attractive in some way, shape, or form. Strangely; it's rarely just a visual attraction, either. It's something else, or a combination of factors. Possibly just a chemistry thing in some cases. I'm very aware of it, and I try to avoid situations where I might come unstuck. Now ask most men, and I include myself, and we'd probably concede that we'd find it fairly easy to get into trouble. There's probably an evolutionary excuse somewhere, but we can't honestly use it because we have large brains which are, or should be, capable of noticing the many red lights you have to pass through before an affair starts. When somebody tells me they fell into one I'm dubious; we make choices, and to have an affair is one of them. Erections don't last, and at some point we guys's should be able to defer to our higher reasoning skills. Don't think for a moment that I'm saying I'll never screw up; the instant you take that view you're on rocky ground. I'd hope however that Joy and I communicate in a way that ensures we're aware of each others emotional and physical aspirations. If I'm good at anything it's that I love to please. And the kickback in pleasing a lady is that you often reap what you sow. So guys, If you're inclined towards selfishness you're probably going to find any relationship tough going. There's not a lot else I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment